Maverick Playing Cards – 2002 – Ohio

Forums Listings & Auctions eBay Maverick Playing Cards – 2002 – Ohio

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Aron Prins
      Keymaster
      @aronprins

Hey everyone,

I found these on eBay and wanted to buy the seller out. Unfortunately shipping was double the negotiated price, so perhaps anyone else will benefit from this crazy deal 🙂

Just $9.99 per brick, 2002 Ohio Maverick Playing Cards. I’m not sure if they are any good, but for practice reasons they would be great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183236122684

Cheers,
      Aron

Ivan Andreev
      Participant
      @i-andreev

Is the seal blue or is it like the one pictured?

Aron Prins
      Keymaster
      @aronprins

Hey @i-andreev,

It is what you see in this picture –  A blue-ISH seal that states Cincinatti, OH 😉

I just don’t know the quality of the deck, but at any case they are a steal – Less then $1 a deck!

Cheers,
      Aron

sjbfan
      Participant
      @sjbfan

They are Plastic Coated tho, those typically don’t handle at all

Aron Prins
      Keymaster
      @aronprins

Hey @sjbfan,

I knwo about the current ones being total crap (heard it from others) but aren’t the older ones decent?

I could be totally wrong… do you know from experience how specifically these ones handle? 2002 ohio?

Cheers,

Aron

sjbfan
      Participant
      @sjbfan

nah anything plastic coated doesnt handle well. Gotta remember that not everything made in OHIO was good ;). i personally dont have these but plastic coated are never words u should look for 😛

Anonymous
      Inactive

IMO they are just meh, I would stick to Aviators of the same era.

Aron Prins
        Keymaster
        @aronprins

I almost struck a deal to buy them all at $160 but shipping was mehh 😛

Glad I didn’t in that case. If anyone wants to practice TNR though they should be just fine HAHAHA!

Ben
      Participant
      @ace-of-art

Yeah I’m going to have to agree with Joel, I’m fairly certain that they’re plastic coated and anything plastic coated is literal garbage in my opinion lol. The handling is terrible and the feel is just not good, even if you’re using it for practice, Ohio made or not.

Liam Wilson
      Participant
      @liamwilson

Don’t know if anyone still follows this topic. I did handled these Maverick Ohio and I would say they are completely different than the new ones. Even though they are made in China, the cards still fan nicely and a bit snappy in terms of the paper. A little bit difficult when doing faro.

It is still one good example of Maverick lines in my collection.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active